In the past three years, more than 2,200 riders have raised over $1,900,000 and ridden over 37,000 miles in support of Alpine Learning Group, The EPIC School, Garden Academy and REED Academy. We are looking forward to having you join us this year and help us reach our 2013 Fundraising Goal of $1,100,000. These funds will provide education, treatment, vocational training and employment opportunities for hundreds of children and adults with autism in northern NJ and beyond.
We’ve made it easy for you to GO THE DISTANCE FOR AUTISM.
- REGISTER to ride by clicking on one of the school links.
- CREATE your individual or team fundraising page. Experience shows that a participant’s personal appeal is extremely effective in raising funds and that the most compelling fundraising pages include text, a personal story about why you are participating and photos and/or video.
- SET your goal above the minimum fundraising goal. The average participant at these kinds of events raises 2½ times the minimum. Many raise far more!
- UPLOAD your address book and EMAIL your fundraising page link to friends, family, co-workers and neighbors. Once you register, you will have access to the Go The Distance for Autism email templates or you can customize your messages to your contacts. Rest assured that your contacts’ information will remain confidential and can only be accessed by you through your personal login.
- SPREAD THE WORD through social media networks by including a link directly to your fundraising page. With one click, you can update your status on Facebook and manage your tweets.You can also share the official Go The Distance for Autism Facebook page and Twitter account with interested friends by copying the links at the top of the page.
Ways to go even farther
PUT TOGETHER A TEAM
Teams add to the friendly competition and give a sense of identity for those riding. Team Captains are able to use the site and send emails to invite and motivate team members as well as communicate with potential contributors for their own fundraising. Riding as a team leverages success and encourages healthy competition among teammates.
REACH OUT TO BUSINESSES AND CORPORATIONS YOU KNOW!
Companies love community events because they strengthen team dynamics and build corporate awareness at little or no cost at all to them. A company can brand the team with company jerseys, hats or water bottles and may even match donations raised by team members. Even employees who have no interest in riding can participate by “adopting” a rest stop and participating as volunteers to staff the event.
We need lots of helping hands to make this event a success so if you have a club or organization that you would be interested in volunteering, encourage them to register on-line at www.gtd4autism.org.