Depending on your level of fitness, riding 10, 25, 62.5 miles might be a huge challenge or just another day on your bike. Either way, we want to make sure that you are adequately trained before you take on the Go the Distance Ride.
- Adjust your training to your level of fitness
- Always hydrate during training
- Practice your verbal/hand signals during your training rides
- Obey all the rules of the road
- The hills are your friends during training because they’ll certainly be there on the GTD Ride
- Bicycling Magazine has a handy 8-week guide to training for a Century Ride (which can be adjusted to 62.5 or any other distance). http://www.bicycling.com/training-nutrition/training-fitness/100-mile-goal